Is Our Childcare in Chanhassen Open?
Yes, we are open and enrolling new families into our child care program throughout this pandemic! Children 6 weeks to 5 years of age are welcome to experience our unique preschool offerings that focus on a smooth transition into kindergarten. While we are very excited to be remaining open, we are certainly keeping your children and their health in mind. Because of this, several adaptations have been made to our program to ensure that your children will still receive a fun and interactive experience while socially distancing and taking other precautions. This includes:
- Monitoring the CDC and MN Department of Health
- Our Partnership with Fairview Health Services also allows us additional resources and updates
- We’ve increased handwashing, cleaning, and sanitizing of classrooms and all toys
- We’re doing temperature checks
- Professional cleaning that takes place every night after closing
- Small groups that are not intermingled or mixed, as well as one designated teacher/group
- Spacious rooms that allow for nap cots to be spread as far apart as possible
- Staggering playground times
Partnership with Riley Crossing Senior Living and Safety Precautions
Your children’s safety is our number one concern at all times, as well as their development and growth. This leads into our partnership with Riley Crossing Senior Living and the unique program that we offer. Below you will find an excerpt from our brochure:
“We offer a unique program that brings multiple generations together in a stimulating environment. As children and older adults share memories, play games, and create together, an unmistakable bond forms that transcend generations. For children who do not live near their own grandparents, these connections can be especially poignant and meaningful. Learning alongside seniors will help children see beyond their own small worlds. They’ll understand more about life and discover many similarities between themselves and their “Grandfriends.” This understanding and love will lay a foundation for celebrating diversity, a skill that they will use throughout their lives.”
While our children love spending time with their Grandfriends and partaking in normal activities such as taking walks, listening to music, storytelling, treasure hunting, and throwing parties, we must continue to keep everyone’s safety in mind. This means we have made several more adaptations to this very special program in order to keep peace of mind. This includes:
- Weekly facetime calls with Grandfriends
- Special artwork time for the children to send to their Grandfriends
- Sidewalk chalk and bike day right outside Grandfriend’s windows so they can watch the children play
Until COVID19 reaches a close, we will continue to nurture these special relationships and ensure we are giving our children and the senior residents the best and safest experience they can receive.
Things that Have NOT Changed
COVID19 has certainly changed a lot, but there are many things that this Pandemic has not affected. The biggest of all is our dedication to helping your child develop and prepare for kindergarten. Our childcare philosophy remains “learning through play and exploration,” while offering a homelike and comforting environment to bring it all together.
Our infant care is still split up into two separate rooms: the young infant room and older infant room. Young ranges from 6 weeks to 12 months.